The first major section of the Ramat de Camins! Setting off from the town of Pobla de Segur, known as the gatewayto the Pyrenees, this section allows you to discover the Collegats gorge, an extensive part of the county of Pallars Sobirà and the Alt Pirineu Natural Park.
Duration: 7 days
Ascent/descent (approx): 4,100 m ascent; 3,500 m descent
Distance (approx): 86 Km
Recommended season: all year round
Difficulty: medium (due to the length of the stages, rather than technical difficulty), but we can adapt stages to measure
Services offered: tell us your needs and we’ll plan your route to measure, book accommodation for you and provide all necessary information. We will do everything possible to ensure your trip is unforgettable. We can also contract a guide if required.
- Transport of baggage/equipment between accommodation
- 6 nights in charming accommodation (half board)
- 6 picnic lunches
- Return ticket for the Tren dels Llacs (Lleida – Pobla de Segur – Lleida)
- Transfer between the finish point for the trail and the traint station
- Alpina map and guide for Ramat de l’Est
- GPS Tracks for each stage
- A copy of Nou Viatge al Pirineu, the book which inspired the route
- A Ramat de Camins souvenir
- Basic insurance
Prices in the region of
2 people – 575€ per person
4 people – 515€ per person
Basic itinerary (variations available, according to clients’ needs and preferences):
- Day 1: From Lleida by train usin the Tren dels Llacs as far as Pobla de Segur. Welcome.
- Route: short walk as far as the Gramuntill country house (masia) as a warm up activity.
- Day 2: Into the county of Pallars Sobirà via the traditional route through the Collegats gorge, Pla de Corts and Gerri de la Sal.
- Route: Gramuntill masia – Sant Pere de les Maleses monastery – Serpent cave – southern mouth of the Morreres tunnel – old main road and Argenteria – Morreres rest area – Pujol – Peramea – Gerri de la Sal – Mare de Déu d’Arboló monastery – Baro
- Day 3: Discover the Siarb valley, heading up to the old viewing point in the village of Tornafort, where the two writers had breakfast. Also home to the creator of the Ramat de Camins trail, Núria Garcia Quera.
- Route: Baro – Malmercat – Tornafort – Saverneda – Sort
- Day 4: From Sort, the capital of Pallars Sobirà, into the Àssua valley, with its literary appeal. Writers Maria Barbal and Jaume Cabré have both used the valley as the setting for novels.
- Route: Sort – Pujalt – Olp –Sant Josep hermitage – Altron – Bernui – Seurí – Llessui – Sorre – La Mola de Sall – Rialp
- Day 5: From Rialp, upwards to Rodés, flanking the mountains as far as the abandoned village of Sant Romà de Tavèrnoles, which has never been reached by road, then downwards on the other side towards Llavorsí.
- Route: Rialp – Rodés – Botella barns – Sant Romà de Tàvernoles – Arnui barns – Llavorsí
- Day 6: Final day, into the Coma de Burg area and the Farrera valley, visiting the iron museum, the Sant Quiri hermitage (the fire torches used on Midsummer’s Eve are brought down from here), a former wood sawing mill and the last village on the way for people making the ascent to the Pica d’Estats, the highest summit in Catalonia.
- Llavorsí – Tírvia – Mare de Déu del Roser – Araós – Ainet de Besan – Alins (Àreu)
- Day 7: Return by taxi and bus to Pobla de Segur before taking the Tren dels Llacs back to Lleida.