The third main section of the Ramat de Camins! This is a chance to discover Val d’Aran from one end to the other and, before crossing the Viehla and Gelada mountain passes, reach the spectacular Boi valley, following it through to its beginning.
Duration: 6 days
Ascent/descent (approx): 4,575 m ascent; 4,380 m descent
Distance (approx): 104 Km
Recommended season: between May and October
Difficulty: medium (due to the length of the stages, rather than technical difficulty), but we can adapt stages to measure
Services offered: tell us your needs and we’ll plan your route to measure, book accommodation for you and provide all necessary information. We will do everything possible to ensure your trip is unforgettable. We can also contract a guide if required.
- Transport of baggage/equipment between accommodation
- 5 nights in charming accommodation (half board)
- 5 picnic lunches
- Transfer between the finish point for the trail and Salardú
- GPS tracks for each stage
- A copy of Nou Viatge al Pirineu, the book which inspired the route
- A Ramat de Camins souvenir
- Basic insurance
Prices in the region of
2 people – 510€ per person
4 people – 460€ per person
Basic itinerary (variations available, according to clients’ needs and preferences):
- Day 1: Arrival in Salardú using public transport or own vehicle.
- Day 2: Following the Garona river we take in the beautiful villages of the Vall d’Aran and its woodlands as far as Bossòst, just before the French border.
- Route: Salardú – Unha – Gessa – Arties – Garòs – Casarilh – Escunhau – Vielha – Gausac – Aubèrt – Pònt d’Arròs – Es Bòrdes – Era Bordeta – Bossòst
- Day 3: Heading back to Vielha we’ll discover the villages on the other side of the river. There’s a chance to visit interesting museums in the capital of the region.
- Route: Bossòst – Era Bordeta – Vilamòs – Begós – Pònt d’Arròs – Arròs – Aubèrt – Betlan – Montcorbau – Mont – Vilac – Vielha
- Day 4: From Vielha we head up the Nere river towards the epic Vielha mountain pass, traditionally linking the Val d’Aran with the Alta Ribagorça area. The landscape from the Vielha pass offers summits of over 3,000 m.
- Route: Vielha – Vielha pass – southerm mouth of the Vielha tunnel – Conangles refuge.
- Day 5: After crossing the fantastic Conangles forest it’s up to the Gelada mountain pass and into the Vall de Boi. We’ll discover the valley’s Romanesque churches, classified as UNESCO World Heritage.
- Route: Conangles refuge – Senet – Gelada mountain pass – Erill la Vall – Boí – Barruera.
- Day 6: On the final day we take in the villages of the Boi valley as far as the Noguera Ribagorçana river. The route concludes in Pont de Suert, the capital of the county. We get back to our own vehicle by taxi.
- Route: Barruera – Pont de Suert.